Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Holy Crap! Reality Sets In.

This morning as I lay in bed contemplating my day, I turned on my iPad and went through my email, looked at the forecast of a week of rain and skimmed Facebook. As I scrolled through my Facebook feed, one in particular caught my attention. It was a post from the Michigan Titanium race. They decided to remind all of us who signed up for the race, that there were 118 days until the starting gun. Holy Crap!!!  I had this sinking feeling.

If you live in the midwest you know it's been a long, long...did I say long? winter. And now we really haven't had much of a spring. The cold temps and crazy windy days continue like Groundhog Day. Needless to say it has cut into my outdoor biking miles. I compared last year's ride log to this year and I'm 350 miles behind. As of Sunday I had hit 824 outdoor miles. It's a good base but not great. Saturday was my longest ride so far this year at 57 miles. This week I wont get outside on my bike because of rain, rain, rain. Guess this means more time in the pool, maybe a boxing class and dare I say it...get on the spin bike. Ugh!!!

Well this girl is keeping her fantasy of a beautiful summer just around the corner. I've already got on my calendar 3 century rides (June, July, August), 2 time trial races and 1 open water swim race. Let's hope I'm doing all this training right and come August 23rd I'm ready to rumble.

Hope your training is going well.

Enjoy the ride,
Sheri


1 comment:

  1. You got some miles in today and maybe the weather will cooperate from now on.

    ReplyDelete