Monday, February 1, 2016

It's nice to share the passion

Today is February 1st and that means Valentines Day is just around the corner. I'm a firm believer that your shouldn't wait until that one day of the year to tell your honey what they mean to you or do something special for them. It should be year round.


It is always nice when your partner shares your passion, especially when that passion is cycling. I meet too many people who's spouses are cycling widows or widowers. Cyclists spend so many hours out on the road or trail each week that it's a shame when you can't enjoy it together.

This Valentines Day we found a unique way to celebrate this Hallmark holiday. Last night we signed up for Fat Cupid Classic Fat Bike Race. They have the typical categories of any bike race event but added a couples division. Rules are you must both cross the finish line together.


It will be four laps on both single track and cross country ski trails. Mitch keeps teasing me that he's going to bring reading materials so he has something to do as he waits for me to navigate the course. But I'm counting on us to work as a team as we did last summer for our two person time trial. The test of a good relationship...communication, teamwork and encouraging each other.

But honestly, since this type of racing is all new to me, I'm hoping there's nothing too treacherous. Guess you can always get off and walk if required. The key is to have fun. Right?

I'm continuing to get out of my comfort zone and try new things. I'll certainly report back how it all went.

Enjoy the ride,
Sheri

No comments:

Post a Comment