Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Ship, Schlep, or Rent - The Final Chapter

This is the last post in a three part series of investigating shipping my bike to Tucson, actually selecting a method, and the end result (February 12th and 26th posts).

For the return trip, Tucson to Chicago, I decided to drop Blanca off at the local FedEx store and ship to my neighborhood FedEx store to hold for pick up. This way I would not have to be home to accept the shipment. Plus, the store will hold your package for 5 days.

Blanca arrived home last night. I shipped her from Tucson on Friday and she arrived on Tuesday. Very quick turnaround time. I'm thrilled to say she arrived home in perfect condition. A little bitchy because it's so cold here. Reassembly took about 10 minutes. A little longer due to my cat, Boomer, deciding he needed to jump on my shoulders and be the head mechanic. A 16 pound cat on your shoulders makes it challenging to say the least.

Boomer decides to be head mechanic while reassembling my bike.

I can honestly say I was thrilled to have my own bike (a custom frame) and the right gearing for a great week of riding in the Tucson mountains. The next time I travel and need to ship my bike, I won't hesitate to use ShipBikes.com. They were very helpful, have a great user-friendly web site, and are reasonably priced.

Now we just have to wait for it to stop snowing and warm up a bit here in Chicago so we can ride outside.

Enjoy the ride.
Sheri

No comments:

Post a Comment