Saturday, February 15, 2014

What Inspires You?



I’ve never been someone who is in awe of a celebrity or professional athlete. I admire what they can do, but not inspired. So what inspires me? Ordinary people doing extraordinary things. The average Jane works hard for her money, she doesn’t have sponsors or endorsement deals. She’s just someone like you and me that pushes to achieve something special. And this can be something athletic, artistic, or even altruistic. I’m inspired by someone who tries to better themselves while positively impacting others along the way.  

One of my dear friends, Cindy, is climbing Kilimanjaro this week as part of LiveStrong's Survivor Summit. I've been following the group's progress on Facebook. Cindy's drive to raise money for a great cause is inspiration enough, but to challenge her mind and body takes it to another level.

Yesterday I was reading their posts and there is one woman, Bree Sandlin, on the trip who is climbing to celebrate her one year anniversary of being cancer free!!! Now that's inspiring. She's celebrating by climbing highest freestanding mountain in the world and raising money for LiveStrong. Check out her inspirational story on the LiveStrong Blog.

Our world seems to have become more narcissistic and developed an entitlement generation. Being inspired seems to get harder and harder. But look around; there is inspiration to be found.

Use the Comments area to share what inspires you. Love to hear what you have to say.
Be inspired and inspire others.

Enjoy the ride.
Sheri

2 comments:

  1. Awesome blog! I am inspired to finally do the things I have wanted to do for years, but figured I was 'too old' to start now. An example is music. I played in band in high school and then put it aside. Now, 35+ years later, I've decided to take up not just one instrument, but two! Started on Trumpet a couple years ago and just recently have taken up the upright double bass. I'm having tons of fun learning and my advice? Don't settle for regrets, it's never too late!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the positive feedback. Yep you are never too old.

    ReplyDelete