Sunday, February 9, 2014

My First Post!

Wow, my first post on my blog. So many random thoughts going through my head about what I want to share. Focus Sheri, focus.

I created this site to document my training for an event that has been on my bucket list for about 10 years. It's called an Ironman AquaBike. It's the Ironman triathlon without the run. So a 2.4 mile open water swim and 112 miles on the bike. Yeah...all in one day. This is not a multiple day event. Where would the fun and challenge be in that?

Besides documenting my training, I hope this blog will inspire other 50 somethings...actually women of all ages, shapes and athletic ability to become empowered. Turning "I can't" into "YES, I can." You can't go through life doubting yourself or second guessing. You just need to go out and try. What's the worst that could happen? You tried and didn't succeed. But more than likely you will succeed and discover that you are stronger mentally and physically than you ever thought.

During the coming months I hope to share with you posts on motivation, goal setting, recovery, nutrition, event selection, fashion and yes, even technology.

Stick with me through this adventure, as I will stick by you. Set some goals and embrace the body you have.

Until next time,
Enjoy the ride!
Sheri

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with your Aquabike! Always refreshing to see another person enthusiastic about their fitness!

    ReplyDelete